AMotherBrand is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. When you provide us with personal information, you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Summary of key points:
- We do not show your full last name to other users (only first name, and first initial of surname)
- We never share your email address (we only ask for it so we can send you content relevant to AMotherBrand services)
- We never show any users where you live (we solely use your location to for matching you with other local mamas)
- We do not share your date of birth if you choose to upload it
- We do not sell your information to third parties
- We sometimes aggregate (and anonymise) analytics to gain insights about our users’ behaviour
- By deactivating your account, you permanently delete all data, for which you, or we, cannot gain access again
- We do not post any AMotherBrand activity to other social platforms
Collection of information
We collect certain information you provide to us when using AMotherBrand, such as when you create an account and profile, send us an email or post information on a forum. We collection certain personally-identifying information, like your name, picture and email address as well as certain non-identifying information, like your sex, age and postcode.
We automatically collect certain information that web browsers and servers typically make available, such as the browser type, language preference, referring site, Internet Protocol (IP) address and your activity on AMotherBrand. This information is not treated as personal information unless we combine it with or link it to any of the personally identifiable information mentioned above.
We may also automatically collect certain information through the use of “cookies”. These are small files that your browser places on your computer. We may use both session cookies and persistent cookies to better understand how you interact with our services, to monitor aggregate usage by our users and web traffic routing on our services, and to improve our services. Most Internet browsers automatically accept cookies. You can instruct your browser, by editing its options, to stop accepting cookies or to prompt you before accepting a cookie from the websites you visit.
Uses made of the information
We may use information collected through AMotherBrand for the purposes described below:
- To offer you our services and features
- To send you news about AMotherBrand, updates, support, administrative messages and otherwise to facilitate your use of and our administration and operation of our services
- To contact you with information about the website (subject to ‘Marketing’ section below)
- To respond to any queries you raise with us directly
- To carry out internal operations such as troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research or for statistical purposes
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To find and connect with new contacts (when instructed by you)
- For any other purpose for which the information was collected.
Disclosure of your information:
We will not share the personal information collected from you, except as described below:
- With your contacts on AMotherBrand, with whom you want to share your updates on AMotherBrand and according to your preferences, as set in your account.
- With your consent: When you give us your consent to do so, including if we notify you that the information you provide will be shared in a particular manner and you provide such information;
- With service providers: who are working with us in connection with the operation of our site or our services. These service providers have access to your personal information only to perform services on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose it or use it for any other purposes. Some of those employees, contractors and affiliated organisations may be located outside of your home country; by using AMotherBrand, you consent to the transfer of such information to them.
- For the purposes of academic research
- Law and harm: When we believe in good faith that we are lawfully authorized or required to do so or that doing so is reasonably necessary or appropriate to comply with the law or legal processes or respond to lawful requests or legal authorities, including responding to lawful subpoenas, warrants or court orders;
- Other information: We may share or disclose aggregated information and non-identifiable information with third parties for industry analysis and demographic profiling and to deliver targeted advertising. We may
- Business transfers: In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition, or in any other situation where personal information may be disclosed or transferred as one of our business assets.
We are not responsible for the actions of service providers or other third parties, nor are we responsible for any additional information you provide directly to any third parties.
What Steps Do We Take To Protect Your Information Online?
We take reasonable measures to protect your personal information in an effort to prevent loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. Please be aware, however, that despite our efforts, no security measures are perfect or impenetrable and no method of data transmission can be guaranteed against any interception or other type of misuse.
Accessing and Modifying Your Information
If you have an account, you can access and modify the personal information you provided us that is associated with your account. You can deactivate your account by selecting the “deactivate” link. Deactivating your account permanently deletes it.
You may “opt out” of receiving marketing or promotional emails from us by changing your account preferences or by following the instructions to ‘unsubscribe’ at the bottom of those emails. If you opt out of these messages, you will still receive some emails from us, about your account, our services and other pertinent information related to our services. These communications are considered part of the service and your account, which you cannot opt-out from receiving.
You have to be at least 18 years old to become a member of AMotherBrand. If we discover you’re under 18, we will delete your account. Apologies young mamas, we’re looking forward to having you join us soon!
Access to data
You have a right to request a copy of the information we hold about you at any time. If you would like to file a request for some or all of your personal information, please email us on email@example.com. We will process that request in line with any applicable local laws and our policies and procedures in place for dealing with such requests.
Please note we expressly disclaim any representation or warranty, whether express or implied, with respect to any breaches of security, damage to your device, or any loss or unauthorized use of your registration information or other data.